Traffic Camera Information
Traffic camera violations carry a civil penalty which is a monetary fine. You will have no conviction and no points on your driving record.
Traffic camera violations are governed by Ohio Revised Code Sections 4511.092 through 4511.099.
YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES WHEN YOU RECEIVE A TICKET
The rights of persons ticketed are set forth in Ohio Revised Code 4511.098. These are your choices if you receive a traffic camera Notice of Liability:
- Pay the fine. Upon payment in full the matter is concluded. You will have no points or a conviction on your driving record. The fine can be paid in one of three ways:
- Pay online: Visit www.viewcitation.com
- Pay by mail: Checks and money orders made payable to "Mayfield Village, OH" can be mailed with the remittance slip from the citation. Do not mail this payment to the Lyndhurst Municipal Court.
- Pay by phone: Call 1-888-884-9177. Monday through Thursday (8:00 AM - 8:00 PM) and Friday (8:00 AM - 6:00 PM) EST. Discover and MasterCard are accepted.
- File a Transfer of Liability Form if you were not the driver: If another person was driving the vehicle, file a Transfer of Liability Form within 30 days of the receipt of the Notice of Liability in the manner provided on your Notice of Liability. Do not mail this form to the Lyndhurst Municipal Court. The form must contain the name and address of the driver and you must sign this form in front of a notary or a court deputy clerk. The driver will receive a Notice of Liability and your case will be finished. There is no filing fee.
- File a Transfer of Liability Form if your vehicle or plates were stolen: If your vehicle or license plates were stolen prior to the violation date on the Notice of Liability, file a Transfer of Liability Form within 30 days of the receipt of the Notice of Liability in the manner provided on your Notice of Liability. Do not mail this form to the Lyndhurst Municipal Court. You must also attach a copy of the police report which you made within 48 hours after the theft. You must sign this form in front of a notary.
- File an Appeal of Traffic Camera Citation if you contest the ticket: You may contest the Notice of Liability by filing an Appeal of Traffic Camera Citation with the Clerk of Court within 30 days after receipt of the ticket. The failure to request a hearing within this time period constitutes a waiver of the right to contest the charge and is deemed an admission of liability and waiver of the opportunity to contest the charge. You must pay a filing fee of $ 25.00 to file an Appeal of Traffic Camera Citation. That payment can be made on-line at https://eservices.lyndhurstmunicourt.com/eservices/home.page.2 if you use our e-filing system to file your Appeal of Traffic Camera Citation or in person at the Clerk’s window of the Court during normal business hours. Your filing will not be processed until payment in full is received.
HOW TO FILE AN APPEAL
An Appeal of Traffic Camera Citation can be downloaded from the Court’s website at https://www.lyndhurstmunicipalcourt.org/forms-documents/
Complete the Appeal of Traffic Camera Citation and file it with the Court. An Appeal of Traffic Camera Citation can be filed:
- on-line, at https://eservices.lyndhurstmunicourt.com/eservices/home.page.2
- by US Mail
- by faxing to 440-442-1910, or
- in person at the Clerk’s Window during normal business hours.